Meet the Miron teams: Cedar Rapids, IowaMarch 15, 2016
Get to know the people who make up Miron Construction’s Cedar Rapids team!
Who makes up your team?
Jonathan Daniels, vice president of Iowa operations, leads our office. In addition there are nine superintendents, six project managers, two project coordinators, a risk control manager, a warehouse manager, a receptionist, and dozens of skilled union craftspersons who round out our Iowa team.
What are some notable projects your team has recently worked on?
- Cedar Rapids Central Fire Station, a LEED Platinum building and the recipient of a Gold Award in the Brick Industry Association’s 2015 Brick in Architecture Awards.
- University of Iowa Mary Louise Peterson Residence Hall, the first new residence hall for the University of Iowa since 1968. The building is on track to receive LEED certification.
- University of Iowa Memorial Union (IMU) flood recovery, a project to restore the historic IMU and protect it from potential future flooding.
- Westdale Mall redevelopment, a complete redevelopment of more than 72 acres of under-utilized space on Cedar Rapids’ west side into a mixed-use urban environment.
- University of Iowa art building, a replacement for the University of Iowa art building damaged in 2008. The building is on track to receive LEED certification.
- University of Iowa Madison Street Residence Hall (MSRH)—when complete MSRH will be the University of Iowa’s largest residence hall, housing more than 1,000 students and providing more than 2,000 meals a day. The building is on track for LEED certification.
What is one local non-profit organization you’re passionate about giving back to and why?
We have participated in the United Way’s Day of Caring, where we volunteered our time for Hospice of Mercy; Ronald McDonald House Charities of Eastern Iowa, blood drives for the Mississippi Valley Regional Blood Center; Iowa City Jazz, Arts, and Summer festivals; and Waypoint, an organization that helps individuals who are homeless, in poverty, victims of domestic violence or sexual assault, or in need of child care. We are passionate about being able to help and give back to our local and global communities.
List three words to describe your office:
Constructive, passionate, and growing.
What is your favorite part about working in the Eastern Iowa corridor?
The Eastern Iowa corridor has a lot to offer, such as the U.S. Cellular Center, Paramount Theatre, Cedar Rapids Titans football, Cedar Rapids Roughriders hockey, Cedar Rapids Kernels baseball, Orchestra Iowa, McGrath Amphitheater and Theatre Iowa. We are also just north of the Iowa Hawkeyes and the lively entertainment of one of the nation’s premier college towns.
Are there any other exciting projects on the horizon?
We are thrilled to start construction on our new Iowa office and warehouse (rendering below), set to open in September 2016.
This entry was posted in Community, Construction. Bookmark the permalink.