The St. Vincent Hospital curtain wall project involved the complete replacement of the original 50+ year-old facade of the building. In addition, the original induction heating and cooling system was replaced completely. The project was completed in two phases during normal business hours in more than 375 rooms of the patient stack wing of the facility. Modifications were made to the existing piping systems without interruption to patient controllability and comfort. Exterior facade work was completed without re-routing visitor or staff traffic, while providing overhead protection from possible construction hazards.
St. Vincent Hospital is the oldest and largest hospital in Northeast Wisconsin. Licensed at 547 beds, this not-for-profit medical center has been owned and operated by the Hospital Sisters of the Third Order of St. Francis since 1888. It is one of 13 hospitals in Wisconsin and Illinois affiliated with Hospital Sisters Health System.