Miron plays an active role in our communities by contributing to projects that make them wonderful places in which to live, work and play. Each year, we contribute more than $1.2 million to community projects, organizations and events.
Miron typically focuses on assisting and supporting those who are disadvantaged in some way, especially if those individuals are children. We are dedicated to helping today’s youth by providing education, constructing community facilities in which they can learn and grow, and hosting events to ensure their basic needs are met. A few examples of the events and projects we sponsor and support include:
While women comprise a mere 2.6% of the construction industry nationally, an evolving workplace equates to endless job opportunities and a strong salary for skilled craftspeople. read more…Miron Construction hosts a FREE, annual event for local 7th through 10th grade female students. This event – “Build Like A Girl” – offers attendees a full day of hands-on experiences as well as an in-depth look at opportunities within the construction industry. For the majority of the day, girls work within small groups led by Miron staff at a temporary job site adjacent to Miron’s headquarters in Neenah, Wisconsin. Students get hands-on experience in the fields of masonry, carpentry, concrete, and equipment operation and also go on a tour of a live construction site. Check out a VIDEO of last year’s event.
Fox Cities Marathon
In addition to providing a significant financial donation, Miron contributes time and materials to the Community First Fox Cities Marathon that attracts up to 14,000 participants annually. read more…Miron employees participate in event planning committees and also volunteer the day of the race, working water stations and assisting with set-up and signage. Held in September in the Fox Valley, the event includes a marathon, half-marathon, relay marathon, a 5K run/walk and a children’s fun run. Each year, the Fox Cities Marathon raises funds for charitable organizations as varied as the Alzheimer’s Association, Special Olympics, Fox Cities Diaper Bank, Breast Cancer Education and the Veterans Memorial Museum in Oshkosh. More than $450,000 has been raised since its inception.
Children’s Christmas Party
Miron employees donate and raise money to sponsor Christmas parties for local children’s organizations each year. In addition, numerous employees act as Santa’s elves and shop for presents. read more…The parties, held at Miron’s regional offices in Wausau and Madison and at our corporate office in Neenah, include a variety of activities such as crafts, dinner, a visit with Santa and, of course, presents. In addition, families are sent home with enough goodies to make a fantastic holiday feast.
In recent years, Miron has hosted events to commemorate Earth Day and educate people about green initiatives and conservation. One year, for example, we engaged more than 600 area elementary read more… students to share the importance of Earth Day and explain ways they can each help to conserve and protect the environment. The event also included a short film, hands-on activities, and more. Watch the video
As a major sponsor of Quarry Quest, an annual family event that ran from 1998 through 2015, Miron helped to provide a better understanding of geology, mining and construction to all ages at the outing and fundraiser in Neenah, Wis. read more…With more than 1,000 volunteers, the event offered several hands-on educational activities, including “prospecting” for fool’s gold, mixing concrete and driving machinery. Quarry Quest attracted more than 200,000 visitors and raised more than $1 million, with proceeds going to local children’s charities.
Projects and Community Support
Charitable Projects include:
- John Wollner Miracle League Baseball Diamond and Playground
- Boys & Girls Club of the Fox Valley – Center for Grieving Children
- The Women’s Community, Inc. Agency and Shelter Facility
- CHAPS Psychiatric Offices, Horse Barn & Riding Stables
- Salvation Army Ray & Joan Kroc Community Center
- Fox Valley Warming Shelter
- Fritse Park Comfort Station
- Fox Cities Trestle Friendship Trail Pedestrian and Bicycle Bridge
- Isle of Valor Memorial Plaza & Bridge
- Glacier’s Edge Boy Scout Center
- The Boys and Girls Brigade – Camp Onaway
- Elisha D. Smith Public Library
- Green Bay Botanical Garden Education Center Addition & Children’s Rest Station
- The Community Shelter
In addition to those featured projects and events, Miron also supports:
- Boys & Girls Clubs
- Community Blood Center Blood Drives
- Habitat for Humanity
- Fox Cities Performing Arts Center
- Healthy Kids Initiative: Johnson County, IA Community Foundation
- Junior Achievement
- Learning for Life Architectural Explorer Program
- Neenah Rotary’s “Seafood Fest”
- Salvation Army Food Drives
- St. Mary Central High School’s “Zephyrfest” and “Jumbo Gumbo” events
- St. Vincent Hospital Auxiliary’s “Hats Off to Women” Benefit
- YMCA Strong Kids Campaign
- United Way Fox Cities
…and numerous other non-profit organizations.