Here at Miron Construction Co., Inc., we are focused on the health, safety, and well-being of our employees, their families, and of our communities. The global COVID-19 pandemic is affecting our families, our businesses, our communities, and our way of life.
First and foremost, our hearts go out to anyone who’s been impacted by the virus, either directly or indirectly. Our thoughts are especially with those who are sick, to whom we extend our heartfelt wishes for a full and speedy recovery.
We are working diligently to remain informed and react to developments swiftly and accordingly. To the best of our ability and control, we are working to ensure that we maintain business continuity, and that our employees stay healthy and safe. Throughout our 103-year history, our company has witnessed and survived many significant world events. We have complete faith that together we will get through this one also.
Out of an abundance of caution, we have implemented several steps to attempt to stop any possible spread of the virus in Miron’s offices and on our project sites. For details regarding our current protocols and procedures, please read on.
General Precautions WE ARE SHARING WITH ALL EMPLOYEES
- If employees are feeling sick, especially if they have a fever, flu-like symptoms, or a persistent cough/trouble breathing, we are asking that they do not come to work, but rather stay at home until their symptoms have subsided.
- Avoid contact with people who exhibit symptoms of the virus, and whenever possible, maintain six feet of distance between oneself and others.
- Wash hands often with soap/water or use hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover mouths and noses with tissues when coughing or sneezing, or cough/sneeze into the crook of one’s arm. Discard tissues immediately after use.
- Avoid shaking hands.
- Regularly clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
- In regard to personal travel, we are asking employees to adhere to the recommendations put forth by the CDC, including quarantine periods upon return when applicable.
Miron Project Sites
- Following the recommendation of the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), workers exhibiting respiratory illness symptoms will be asked not to access our project sites until those symptoms have subsided. To maintain the safety of all who enter a Miron project site, our company continues to follow daily screening procedures. In the event a positive test is experienced on site, Miron enacts strict protocols to minimize spread of the virus.
- Employees on site (Miron-employed and subcontractor/supplier-employed) may be asked to complete and sign a Virus Documentation Form (PDF | Digital Form) prior to accessing our project sites.
- All contact with delivery drivers will be limited to one person on site. We are recommending that delivery drivers stay within five feet of their vehicle and maintain a distance of six feet from individuals on site at all times.
- If an employee does come in contact with someone who has a confirmed case of COVID-19, we are asking that they immediately inform their supervisor and remove themselves from the project site.
- If a client has different requirements than ours, we are reviewing them and evaluating our ability to comply.
- In the event of a confirmed case of COVID-19 on a project site, please review our Positive Test Plan to protect people, reduce the spread of COVID-19, sustain business operations, etc.
Miron Office & YARD OPERATIONS Locations
- Unless a change is mandated by future government policies, Miron is open for business as usual and our offices remain open to employees.
- All employees and visitors are required to wear a face covering (to be provided by Miron) when traveling throughout any of Miron’s office locations. Face coverings are required everywhere in the office, except when employees are alone in their personal work spaces.
- Whenever possible, all meetings shall have a virtual option.
These protocols and procedures are subject to change as this is a very dynamic and rapidly changing situation. Our goal is to keep our team members, clients, and partners safe and informed as we learn more from the CDC and adjust to the latest government regulations.
For additional information on COVID-19, please visit the Center for Disease Control and Prevention’s website.