Building Green & Sustainability
It’s about making a difference. People. Planet. Payback. Sustainability is one of Miron’s key drivers and is an integral part of our corporate culture. To demonstrate our commitment to environmental stewardship, we have launched corporate-wide sustainability initiatives that have been integrated into our business practices and construction operations, which are aimed at expanding our team’s knowledge and capabilities, sharing best practices with our partners, and extending sustainable leadership to our clients.
Our Building Green Mission
Our “Building Green” mission is to lead by example to demonstrate the benefits of the triple bottom line: people, planet and payback through education, corporate culture and practical construction solutions.
LEED and Green Projects
Our LEED project portfolio consists of Certified, Silver, Gold, and Platinum projects in higher education, K-12 education, commercial, government, food processing, manufacturing/industrial, biofuels, religious, non-profit, and retail markets, many of which are “firsts” to be certified by the Green Building Certification Institute (GBCI). We encourage you to tour any of our 60+ LEED projects to learn about the integrated sustainable strategies, features, systems, and equipment, or to inquire about the triple bottom line benefits that our clients are experiencing.
- Education: Miron’s team provides knowledge that helps owners make smart, value-based, sustainable decisions with regard to the design, construction, and long-term operation of their building project.
- Setting Sustainable Goals: When Miron is engaged early in the process, our team can collaborate with stakeholders to establish strategic sustainable project goals utilizing the frameworks of green building rating systems.
- Grants & Incentives: Once sustainable goals are established, our team can assist with the applicable grant and incentive process.
- Certification Process: If a green building certification is desired, our team collaborates with the design team to integrate sustainable requirements into the construction documents, as well as prepares documentation for third-party certification.
- Expertise: Theresa Lehman, LEED Fellow, is credentialed as a LEED AP BD+C, ID+C, WELL AP, Fitwel Ambassador, and is a member of the USGBC and WELL Faculty. She can serve in multiple capacities to clients and design partners as an educator, consultant, or LEED/WELL Project Administrator.
Miron’s sustainable philosophy is championed by Theresa Lehman, director of sustainable services, LEED Fellow, LEED AP BD+C, ID+C, WELL AP, Fitwel Ambassador. Leading Miron’s team, she has grown our firm’s LEED project portfolio from two projects to more than 60 projects with a value over $900 million. Each of our clients’ projects have achieved or exceeded their LEED award level goal.