Women in Construction Week Spotlight: Becky White
Posted on Mar 4, 2022 by Miron Construction
As part of Women in Construction Week 2022, we’re highlighting the women of Miron Construction – their backgrounds, what got them into construction, and what both rewards and challenges them. We hope these features inform and inspire you!
- What are the most challenging things on a project? Some of the most challenging things on project would be communicating with all of the different contractors and making sure everything and everyone stays on the same page with the same goal in mind.
- What is the most rewarding part of your job? The most rewarding part of my job is seeing a project come together. It is also very rewarding to work with and meet new clients, coworkers, subcontractors, and community members.
- Did you have a mentor when you started? Yes, I had many mentors when I started. The lead carpenters on my first job would teach different techniques, explain what tools worked best for different situations, and thoroughly went over safety protocols.
- What has been your favorite project you have worked on? My favorite project I have worked on is Lambeau Field. Each day, tours would come through the stadium, and the people taking the tour would yell “GO PACK GO!” when they reached the field. Those of us on the project team would always join in!
- What did you want to be when you grew up? Many of my male family members have worked for Miron Construction; my grandfather, father, uncles, brother, and cousins. They really enjoy what they do and make an excellent living. I knew I could do the same and decided to give it a shot. I love it!
- What are some challenges you face in your role? Working with so many different personalities. I like to always stay positive no matter the situation and remind myself that not everyone responds to situations the same.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.