As part of Women in Construction Week 2022, we’re highlighting the women of Miron Construction – their backgrounds, what got them into construction, and what both rewards and challenges them. We hope these features inform and inspire you!
- What are the most challenging things on a project? Time management. Sometimes you are working on multiple jobs and often you have to prioritize your workload to try to beat the deadlines.
- What is the most rewarding part of your job? See your work virtually come to life on site. It is the coolest thing!
- Did you have a mentor when you started? Everyone in my department was my mentor. Everyone had a unique set of skills that I could learn from each of them.
- What has been your favorite project you have worked on? Oh Snap! Pickle Factory only because I LOVE pickles so it was neat to see the processing line of how pickles are made.
- What made you interested in a career in construction? My dad worked in construction so I was always interested in building things and learning the means of methods when it came to construction.
- What are some challenges you face in your role? Some weeks I am extremely busy because everything is due all at once and the work that I do takes hours, if not days, to get done. When this happens, I find myself bringing work home and having a few late nights to complete everything.
- How did you get into construction? My professor in Colorado knew someone at Miron and got me the connection here. Crazy how small of a world construction can be.