As part of Women in Construction Week 2022, we’re highlighting the women of Miron Construction – their backgrounds, what got them into construction, and what both rewards and challenges them. We hope these features inform and inspire you!
- What are the most challenging things on a project? Each project is so different. It is challenging to find the right fit for each team and job.
- What is the most rewarding part of your job? Getting to hear and see a tradesperson truly enjoy their work.
- What has been your favorite project you have worked on? Green Bay Packaging. It was very challenging to meet the manpower quotas and find the right skill sets considering how large the project was. Numerous different skill sets were needed for the different islands within the project. Also, the busiest part of the project was manned during the beginning of the pandemic.
- What made you interested in a career in construction? A friend that I knew worked at Miron and thought I would be a good fit.
- What are some challenges you face in your role? Making sure I am communicating correctly with our superintendents.
- How did you get into construction? Working with my Dad.