As part of Women in Construction Week 2022, we’re highlighting the women of Miron Construction – their backgrounds, what got them into construction, and what both rewards and challenges them. We hope these features inform and inspire you!
- What is the most rewarding part of your job? The most rewarding part is seeing the signs and equipment that I have worked on as I am driving around the state.
- Did you have a mentor when you started? I did not have a mentor, but I learned a lot from completing different projects and as time went on.
- What has been your favorite project you have worked on? I don’t work on a project site, but I do get to work on special projects like the Christmas Parade floats, which are always fun.
- What did you want to be when you grew up? Graphic designer or interior designer.
- What made you interested in a career in construction? I made my job decision more on the idea of working for a great company like Miron instead of focusing on the field of construction.
- What are some challenges you face in your role? Some challenges I face day to day are climbing on equipment to get stickers on or off, and contorting my body to fit in small and spaces.
- How did you get into construction? It was not so much the field of construction that I was trying to get in to, but the creative and artistic position I am in.