Building Information Modeling (BIM)
BIM is an integrated architectural, engineering and construction workflow utilizing information which has been loaded into a digital building model. With the goal of enhanced communication, accuracy and efficiency, Miron has embraced building information modeling. Better coordination with architects, engineers, building owners and subcontractors utilizing the technologies associated with this workflow also improves our operating efficiency, translating into additional value and cost savings for our clients.
The information in a virtual model is commonly used in the areas of building design and engineering, and material takeoff. Industry focus continues to be on the 3D value of a model, allowing the building team to better plan, design, visualize and construct the project.
Benefits of BIM
Overall, a building information model allows building owners to:
- Visualize their investment in an accurately displayed virtual environment. Miron has embraced building information modeling and strives to utilize technologies associated with this workflow.
- Have the ability to better communicate and coordinate with architects, engineers, building owners and subcontractors improves our operating efficiency and greater defines our success as a general contractor.
Miron Construction has embraced the use of building information modeling for the design and construction process, and has full-time professionals devoted exclusively to BIM for construction projects.
- Design Review
- Constructability Review
- Utility Modeling
- O& M Modeling Interface
- 4D time-lapsed construction
- 3D Animation
- Interference Detection
- Cost Modeling
- LEED Certification Modeling
Director of Virtual Construction and BIM specialist Dan Bayer has extensive experience implementing and educating BIM technologies in organizations nationally, coupled with more than a decade of industry experience. Bayer is focused on the communication and collaboration aspects of BIM with design partners, building owners and subcontractors through the construction process.
Articles & Resources
- Coordinating in the BIM Workflow (Autodesk University Online)
- Read about virtual construction in our News & Resource Center…