The project team for the Salem School District in Salem, Wis. is making history! The team has substantial female leadership and is comprised of women from Miron, from the architect (Plunkett Raysich Architects, LLP), and from the Owner:
- Document Controls Administrator: Amy Firkus
- Project Accountant: Patti Bergeson
- Project Manager: Stacie Ahlgren
- Conceptual Estimator: Rebecca Christensen
- Senior Virtual Construction Lead: Laura Smith
- Business Development Specialist, Education: Kate Winckler
- Project Architect: Nicole Dryden
- Project Designer: Emily Grahn
- Project Specialist: Amy Morrison
- Owner: Dr. Vicki King from Salem School District
The project officially starts on April 1, 2023 and is scheduled for substantial completion on Aug. 31, 2024. Work will include an interior finish replacement; upgrades to electrical, lighting, plumbing, life safety components, and fire-rated walls; an interior remodel; and a new storage maintenance shed.
This is an incredible dream team, and we’re excited to follow along on the journey of bringing these K-12 dreams to life for the community of Salem!
“The industry as a whole is vastly underrepresented by women, but that isn’t the case for this team. I’m immensely proud of the work we’ve accomplished together thus far, and I look forward to helping bring this project to life alongside some remarkable female colleagues and partners.” – Stacie Ahlgren, Project Manager, Miron Construction
“I love seeing women working together and uplifting one another. This project is a testament to the power of collaboration and innovation that happens when a team of talented women come together to bring it to life!” – Dr. Vicki King, District Administrator, Salem School District
“Personally, as a woman working in the AEC field, it has been exciting to have a balanced female/male team from day one, with substantial female leadership. I believe it brought a range of view and approach to the table that allowed the project to be a resounding success.” – Nicole Dryden, Project Architect, PRA