Miron Construction aims to demonstrate the benefits of sustainability – people, planet, profit – through education corporate culture and practical construction solutions. Team Miron took on the 51st annual Earth Day with pure excitement this year, partaking in several activities to beautify our communities in honor of this sustainable holiday. Some of those activities included:
- Hosted Goodwill and their Community Collection Truck to donate gently used items that they can transform into opportunities for other members of the community
- Collected electronics for proper recycling and to keep hazardous electronics out of landfills
- Headed to Winneconne School District’s Norbert Rich Forest and worked on fixing board walks and various grounds work projects
- Participated in annual neighborhood clean-ups throughout the various communities in which our offices are located
- Hosted a DIY “Trash to Treasure” contest where employees and their families were encouraged to create a treasure of sorts using trash or recycled items
For 51 years, Earth Day has been a rallying point for the global environmental movement. And every year, people in nearly 200 countries celebrate by holding teach-ins, cleanups, tree-planting, volunteer service projects and more. The real goal of Earth Day is to change the world around us for the better. All of us have a decision to make — the futures of our children and grandchildren depend on the world we build today.
Thanks to all the Miron Earth Day volunteers for truly living out our core driver of sustainability! For a visual peek at all of our Earth Day moments, click here!