In today’s culture of skyrocketing healthcare costs and increasing consumer-driven healthcare plans, employees now, more than ever, see the importance of a proactive approach to their own health. To support changing needs in this healthcare climate and in honor of Employee Health and Wellness Month in May, Miron Construction held its first Employee Wellness Day, which was a huge success.
Miron’s Employee Wellness Day was held on Friday, May 24th, from 10am-12pm, and included a delicious lunch of locally grown, health-conscious menu items hosted by Zuppa’s Café on Miron’s outdoor patio. Ten different vendors attended, offering services ranging from boot camp classes to skin cancer screenings. Each vendor offered something unique and relevant to individual health and preventative care strategies. The ultimate goal was for employees (and their spouses) to be as interactive as possible with all vendors, not simply to collect pamphlets and brochures. For example, the YMCA offered flexibility testing, with educational awareness tips and recommendations on why flexibility is important for injury prevention. Other participating vendors/services included:
- Advanced Physical Therapy and Sports Medicine: physical therapists onsite to access injury.
- bsi: ergonomic assessment of employee workspaces.
- Dermatology Associates of Wisconsin: skin cancer and other skin sensitivities screenings.
- Fox Cities Marathon: offered a special discount code for marathon event registration.
- The Free Market: juicing demos (complete with samples!).
- Humana Vitality: Humana representatives were on hand to answer all Vitality program related questions and offer tips on healthy living.
- Keen Health: info on Interval Training and how to maximize the benefits of one’s workout (20-min. boot camp demo).
- Mamma Verde: demos on how to make your own all-natural home cleaning supplies.
- Miron Construction Sustainability Program: provided information about Miron’s new gardening program and offered other sustainability tips.
- ProActive Chiropractic: provided 10 minuted chair massages.
- YMCA: provided flexibility assessments and other Y-related program information.
With Mother Nature giving her blessing on a beautiful day for an outdoor gathering, employees finished the event with lunch, camaraderie, and for some, a little something extra. Countless prizes were given away, including the grand prize, a brand new Trek mountain bike, courtesy of Wheel & Sprocket.
Miron Construction is proud to focus on employee and family health and wellness, and strives to make health initiatives a top priority. The goal of Miron’s wellness program is to be proactive by investing in wellness rather than simply being reactive by paying for sickness.