As part of Women in Construction Week 2022, we’re highlighting the women of Miron Construction – their backgrounds, what got them into construction, and what both rewards and challenges them. We hope these features inform and inspire you!
- What made you interested in a career in construction? I wanted to learn how IT could help in construction and how I can leverage my skill set in construction.
- What are some challenges you face in your role as a woman in construction? Understanding the business processes and solving complex business needs by providing extremely customized solutions.
- Why is it important for women to get involved in construction? Women are no lesser than men in any field, so why not construction? If a woman can make a home, she can surely build.
- Did you have a female mentor, or are you a mentor to another female? If so, why are those experiences so valuable? Miron is filled with extremely strong and powerful women who continue to support other women, and they are constantly paving ways for newcomers. They are great mentors. My goal is to be a mentor for my daughter.
- What advice would you give to other young women who are interested in construction as a career? What are you waiting for? You can do it!