We asked members of the Miron team to share their experiences of working at an iconic Wisconsin venue: Lambeau Field.
Name: Krystle Burnett
Job title: Project Administrator
Duties for Lambeau Field project: Issuing all contracts, gathering insurance, submitting documentation to the owner, architect and subcontractor
1. Had you been to Lambeau before working on the project? What kind of feelings or memories did you associate with the venue?
Yes, going to Lambeau was and still is always exciting. Games are always cold and you have to bundle up to be squeezed into your seat next to what feels like a million other screaming fans. Lambeau has always been a nostalgic place and you never have the same experience twice.
2. If you are a Packers fan, what is your first or best Packers memory? Did you think of it while you were working on the Lambeau project?
I always remember going to Packer games with my family and my grandpa. He had season tickets, and when he passed away those were handed down to my father. I am so happy we can keep this tradition going!
3. What were your feelings when you were hired/assigned the Lambeau project?
I was definitely excited! I love the Packers and Lambeau Field is one of my favorite places to be. I also knew this project was high-profile and I couldn’t have been happier to be asked to join the team.
4. Did family and friends have a reaction to you working on the project (jealous, excited, etc.)?
From the moment I was hired by Miron Construction, my dad kept saying, “Oh, they do work for the Packers!” I just brushed it off, but when I was asked to work at Lambeau, I thought he was going to fall over! He was so excited – we definitely come from a Packers household. He couldn’t have been prouder! I was so happy to have the opportunity to give my dad a tour of the South End Zone when it was completed and bring him to a game in the suites! His excitement and the memories we’ll have are priceless.
5. What is one experience that you’ll never forget about working on the Lambeau project?
Through working for Miron and being onsite at Lambeau, I was presented with the opportunity to work on the field during a pre-season Packer game! One of our subcontractors offered my PM and I the opportunity to work with the phone system during the game. We were provided official NFL gear to wear while we were stationed on the field at the 30 yard line. We even made it on TV! It was incredible to be that close to the players and truly a once in a lifetime experience that would not have been possible without working onsite at Lambeau.
6. If you return to visit Lambeau as a fan after working there, what about the venue will stand out to you?
I love the Vince Lombardi Trophy replica! It is amazing and it took a lot of work, frustration and time but in the end it turned out even better than we could have imagined. It is definitely a site to show your friends and family and makes a huge impression. Some people might say that the nostalgia wears off after a bit, but I just don’t feel that way. I still love coming to Packers games, concerts, etc. – basically any opportunity to be at Lambeau! I am still in awe when I drive up to the field every day and I love that fact. I wouldn’t trade it for the world.
7. What about your work at Lambeau are you most proud?
I love our relationship with the Packers organization. We interact with the Packers representatives on a daily basis. They respect us, as we have earned their trust time and time again. Our Christmas parties even include the Packers and it’s so nice to have that friendly, joking relationship with a client of this stature.
8. If you had to use one word to describe Lambeau Field, what would that word be?