To support the school’s shift to a more technology-based, collaborative approach, the new 59,000 SF St. Mary Catholic Middle School is equipped with 21st-century learning amenities.
- Classrooms are arranged in grade-level pods or houses, each containing 3 or 4 large core classrooms, with adjacent flexible, collaborative learning areas, group study/project rooms, and student lockers.
- Smaller comfortable spaces for reading or studying individually or in a group are located throughout the building.
- The facility has the flexibility to integrate current and long-term technology trends.
- All core classrooms are positioned to have access to natural light.
- Science and art classrooms are strategically located to take advantage of views of and proximity to the two-acre outdoor learning environment.
- The Interactive Media Center (IMC) has traditional areas for books and reading, as well as a media area and green screen where students learn to use audio-visual equipment for project-based learning.