Working at Lambeau: Regional Risk Manager Matt Krause
We asked members of the Miron team to share their experiences of working at an iconic Wisconsin venue: Lambeau Field.
Name: Matt Krause
Job title: Regional Risk Manager
1. Had you been to Lambeau before working on the project? What kind of feelings or memories did you associate with the venue?
Yes, Lambeau has always been a place that I enjoyed visiting.
2. If you are a Packers fan, what is your first or best Packers memory? Did you think of it while you were working on the Lambeau project?
I remember coming to my first Packers game as a kid. I don’t remember the outcome of the game, but I do remember the excitement and energy in the stadium. The energy is still there even when it’s not a game day. When you walk into the stadium and see the field, the first thing that comes to mind is the history of the Packers and the team’s legendary players and coaches.
3. What were your feelings when you were hired/assigned to the Lambeau project?
I had mixed emotions because I knew it would be a lot of fun and exciting to work at Lambeau Field, but I also knew it was going to be a challenging project that would require a lot of hard work.
4. Did family and friends have a reaction to you working on the project (jealous, excited, etc.)?
The majority of family and friends were excited for me. Everyone knows Lambeau and wants to be around Lambeau and the Packers whenever they can.
5. What is one experience that you’ll never forget about working on the Lambeau project?
The one experience I will never forget will be working on the tunnel project under the concourse. It was a challenging project in the dead of winter. There were many safety concerns and we had a very aggressive schedule to meet. There were a lot of people that worked very hard on the project and the majority of the people who come to the stadium will never know it’s there because it’s a section is unseen by visitors.
6. If you return to visit Lambeau as a fan after working there, what about the venue will stand out to you?
The entire transformation will bring back memories, but probably the one that stands out the most will be the giant Vince Lombardi Trophy.
7. What about your work at Lambeau are you most proud about?
I’m proud of the project’s safety record. When we hit the one million man-hours without a lost-time incident, it was a great feeling. We need to keep pressing forward though as we are not finished yet!
8. If you had to use one word to describe Lambeau Field, what would that word be?
Photo credit: Phil Weston
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.