The scope of this project included the green-field construction of a new food waste-to-energy facility that utilized locally produced feedstocks to generate nearly 2 MW of renewable energy through anaerobic digestion technology.
Miron was awarded the general trades contract for this project and our scope of work included the following:
- Overall scheduling and site management and implementation of the site safety program
- All site work, including earthwork, UG utilities, asphalt paving, fencing, seeding and landscaping
- Approximately 7,000 CY of cast-in-place concrete
- Furnishing and installation of precast concrete and structural steel
- All architectural project components
- Plumbing and HVAC
Working together, the project team achieved the aerobic treatment milestone within 10 months from groundbreaking and anaerobic digestion in under 12 months.