Whelan Energy Center is located six miles outside of Hastings, Nebraska. Construction for this project consisted of a new 220 MW coal-fired electric generating unit. Miron executed the Superstructures contract as part of a multiple prime project delivery method. Miron’s scope of work included:
- Approximately 5,000 CY of suspended slabs-on-metal deck and finish slab-on-grade
- All CMU masonry.
- HVAC and control for control room, turbine area, boiler area, and ancillary structures.
- Roofing and insulated metal siding for the turbine area, boiler area, AQCS, and ancillary structures.
- Miscellaneous foundation installations.
- Furnish and installation of miscellaneous steel.
- Hollow metal and overhead doors and hardware.
- Interior build-outs throughout the plant (i.e., plumbing, metal studs/drywall, shaft wall, finishes, specialties).
- Installation of Owner-furnished auxiliary hoists and cranes.