The multi-story academic and research facility is the first major freestanding academic facility to be built on the Stevens Point campus since 1971, and creates a science and research community while encouraging community outreach and ecological stewardship. The building will contain:
- Three 48-seat classrooms, two 96-seat lecture halls, 19 research labs, 39 teaching labs, and faculty and staff offices
- Research, instruction and prep spaces arranged to foster integration of academic and research functions and allow equipment sharing for research, instruction, and preparation
- Flexible classroom configurations and movable furniture
- State-of-the-art technology for hands-on learning and research
- A tropical conservatory as one of the “Science on Display” features of the building
- Sustainable design strategies, including daylight optimization, high-efficiency HVAC, bioswales, rain gardens, and a rooftop garden. The facility is projected to use 40% less energy and 26% less water than conventional design.
Warning: file_get_contents(/srv/users/mironadmin/apps/miron-construction/public/wp-content/themes/Stellar_Responsive/svg/mail.svg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /srv/users/mironadmin/apps/miron-construction/public/wp-content/themes/Stellar_Responsive/includes/sb-util.php on line 93